CISV Smoky Mountain Chapter
Two-way family exchange program for 12–15 year olds; each exchange lasts between 14 to 28 days
The first Interchange was held in 1961.
While based on the same educational principles as CISV’s camp-based programs, Interchange encourages a deeper encounter between two cultures by placing young people within families. Group activities during the exchange, such as a mini-camp, are a vital complement to the in-depth family experience.
Interchange takes place in two ‘phases’ – your child joins a delegation that visits another country and is hosted there by a CISV family. Then in return you and your family host a child from the delegation from the country your child visited. Interchange exchanges give your whole family the chance to experience another culture and make new friends and to be part of your local CISV community.
Is your child taking part in an Interchange exchange?
With over 40 years experience of organizing family-based exchanges for children and teenagers, you can be assured of the highest level of supervision and safety for your child. Read more about our child safety policy.
An experience for your whole family
An Interchange involves not just your child but the whole family. As part of your child’s Interchange, you will host a child from another country in your home and get involved with local CISV social and educational activities. CISV offers your family a taste of the CISV experience along with dedicated support and advice.
Find out more about your child and CISV and what sending your child to a CISV program will mean for you and your family.
Do you want to take part in an Interchange?
Participant’s birth date must be between June 2, 2004 and August 31,2006.
STEP 1 Chapter Membership Application
All delegation applicants must have a family membership valid through 2019. The membership and application fee payments can be made online.
- Application Fee and 2 Year Membership rate will be $120 for new members or members whose membership ends in 2017. The form is available for download at CISV Smoky Mountain Membership Form or to complete online.
- Application Fee and 1 Year Membership renewal (through 2019) the rate will be $75. To extend your membership by 1 year – follow these steps.
- LOGIN Here.
- Click On Change Membership Level
- Select FAMILY – 1 YEAR EXTENDED RENEWAL with APPLICATION FEE
STEP 2 Complete the following forms:
- Interchange Delegation Information Form
- Interchange Family Reference Form
- Health Form
- Child Traveling with Leader Legal Form
- Background Check
STEP 3 (Optional) Want to be an Interchange Leader or JC? Complete the Interchange Information Form for Leaders or Junior Leaders.
STEP 4 Email documents to email@example.com by December 1, 2017.